Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Road Trip: SeaWorld

Day Two of the road trip, we woke up bright and early to drive from Tampa to Orlando to go to SeaWorld.  I wasn't quite sure what to expect, especially since this Florida native was more of the Disney World and Busch Gardens type.  




Our first stop was the dolphin show.  After about five minutes Maysie asked to move in the shade (are y'all getting the idea that she is my diva?) but she toughed it out.  Right after the show, we arranged for the girls to go behind the scenes to see a dolphin and meet a dolphin trainer.  I had no clue what was in store.

















The girls trained the dolphins, fed the dolphins and asked every imaginable question about dolphins.  I bet we were back there for 30 plus minutes.  Definitely an experience they will never forget.

After our dolphin experience, we went around the park to see all of the other animals.



And finally, the girls decided to appease me and pose for pictures.  Don't let the crossed arms fool you…they were pretending to be cold in this picture.





I am a HUGE fan of SeaWorld…I think the girls would have a tough time deciding between it and Disney.  The only animal we didn't see was Shamu…he was training for a new show so I was able to pick the girls up to at least get a quick peek.

Six hours later, two happy kids and one very tired mama headed back to Tampa for our next adventure of the day….





No comments:

Post a Comment