Friday, January 10, 2014

Ansley Jane

After 5 weeks of bedrest I have to admit that I was about to pull my hair out.  My close friends just laughed because it was so out of character for me to "sit around" all day but I do have to say that I was a VERY good patient (for the most part).

But despite my best efforts, baby Chanon number three decided that she wanted to come early.

This past Saturday, Schmidty came over to fix my all time favorite meal, I don't even know the name of it, but it is Thai food and luckily he agrees to cook the same thing over and over for me.  He always prepares the meal in two phases, one that is milder for me, then he does a super spicy version for he and Paul.

Once he gave me my meal, and I took my first bite, I knew that the peppers he had used were spicy.  Actually, that is an understatement.  It was so spicy that my eyes were watering and I told him, you know I am going to have this baby tonight because of your cooking.

Little did I know….

At 1:30 I woke up and had another "incident" because of my placenta previa.  I won't go into details except to say that I was prepared for it and knew that the baby was going to be delivered immediately.  When I was examined at the hospital, they told me my water had broken too.  Who needs eggplant parmesan to induce labor when you have Schmidty's cooking!!!!

Baby girl Chanon arrived on January 5th, 2014. Dr. Bradley Moore delivered her…and she was 19 1/2 inches long and weighed 6 pounds 1 ounce.  Of course she looked perfect to me, but the nurses decided that it was best to take her to NICU.  And about two hours later determined that she needed to go to intensive care.  This was no surprise since she was born at 35 weeks and after my first visit to her and seeing some of the other babies, I realized just how lucky we are to have a healthy baby girl.



Before I could go and visit her, I had about a day of mandatory bedrest.  Lucky for me, Lindsay was able to go down and snap one of her first pictures so I could see her again!


Besides Lindsay, we had so many sweet friends come to visit...Jenn, Elena, Deana, Jolie, Stacey, April and of course the grandparents!  With Railey and Maysie, I was so prepared…everything was decided (the name) and I  brought my camera to get pictures of all of the visitors.  Nope, not this time, when Jenn came to visit she had a heart to heart with me and told me that it was TIME for me and Paul to choose a name.  She also made me snap a picture with baby no name.  She was right.



So I decided it was time to make some decisions.  Paul and I finally decided on the name Ansley Jane.  We have used family names for our other girls so we got Ansley from my sister and Jane is after both of her grandmothers.  Mom's given name was Jane Arden Armstrong and Paul's mom goes by Jane.  The perfect way to honor them both.

Deana was coming to visit and is an amazing photographer so I asked if she could bring her camera…no more Iphone pictures!  She got the sweetest shots of Ansley.




And I was able to get this shot of Paul and his littlest princess the night I was discharged.


So sweet Ansley is still in the hospital and we are hoping that she will come home within the next week!

2 comments:

  1. Precious! She looks big until the last photo of Paul holding her- then I can see the little peanuts tiny noggin. Can't wait to meet her. See you on Jan 20th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shea and Chanon Family, Ansley is beautiful like her family, especially her big sisters. Best wishes and happy baby to you and all the family. Babies are God's way of saying all is right in the world.

    Love to all!

    ReplyDelete