Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mom of the Year

It was bound to happen, at least that is what my friend Garrett told me, although I think she was just trying to make me feel better.  I had just put the baby down for one of her afternoon naps, was chatting on the phone and cleaning my desk when I got the call….

I HAD FORGOTTEN TO PICK MAYSIE UP FROM SCHOOL

My sweet little (now middle) child who constantly entertains herself, and who just yesterday I spent a special day with to make sure that she didn't feel lost in the shuffle, I forgot.  Paul had my SUV so I quickly woke up the baby, put carseats in his F250, and drove that big truck, with the 6 foot porch swing in the truck bed to school as fast as I could go.






And there she was, bouncing down the hall, holding a teachers hand, with her signature big smile.  And I promised my sweet, agreeable middle that it will never happen again…right after I set a timer on my phone to remind me of pick up every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment