Monday, March 31, 2014

A Letter to My Seven Year Old Daughter

Today you are seven years old, and just like the six birthdays before this one, I can't believe how quickly time is passing by.  I love that you still will watch Dora out of the corner of your eye when Maysie has it on the TV yet you are getting equally as excited about lava lamps and the perfect maxi dress.  

You are doing GREAT at school and I believe that is mostly because you want to impress your teacher, Ms. King, who has taken a liking to you.  We are still crossing our fingers that she will "loop" with your class into second grade but won't find out for another couple of months.  

Your favorite animals are dogs and dolphins, your favorite colors are pink, purple and blue, and your favorite movie is Frozen.  Your favorite band, without a doubt, is the Zac Brown Band.  I know that you are biased because Daddy works for them but I suspect that you would still be one of their biggest fans even if that wasn't the case.

This year was your first encounter with a mean girl, and even though I hated every minute of it, I am just thankful that you aren't the one being mean. 

I have been told that your personality is much like mine was as a child.  So Mom and Dad, I apologize for all of the grief that I must have given you.  But your strong personality now is no doubt going to serve you well in the future.  

You have a love/hate relationship with Maysie, and love your youngest sister Ansley so much.  I will never be able to tell you how much I appreciate all of your help since she arrived.  With Daddy on the road so much, it is nice to have a helping hand, even if that hand is only 7 years old.  

So Railey girl, enjoy your day!  And NEVER lose that spunky personality.  Daddy and I are so proud of you!



No comments:

Post a Comment