Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Oh Maysie

Saturday was shaping up to be a pretty good day.  Paul was playing with the girls outside, I was decorating the house and planned on going to Target to get a few last minute things for a football viewing party.

Maysie had other plans though.

Paul came running into the house, Maysie in his arms and blood pouring from her chin.  She had decided that she wanted to ride her tricycle down the driveway and flipped forward.  Once we finally convinced her to look up so we could get a better look, we were in the car within 2 minutes to go to Urgent Care.

In true Maysie style, not one tear was shed on the trip.  I, on the other hand, felt like crying when Urgent Care told us that we needed to go to the hospital because they saw a bump on her head and were worried about a possible head injury.  A lady that was also in the waiting room ran out to catch me at my car and told me about a Childrens Healthcare Urgent Care 15 minutes away.

Three hours, five stitches and one wet pair of pants later, we were on our way home.

Lunch consisted of animal crackers, Sprite and Cheetos...Mom of the Year

Wearing her hospital gown with only one Ugg on because this potty training mama forgot extra clothes.
Thank you to everyone who called to check on me.  My favorite voicemail had to be from Jen, who called to check on Maysie and then said, "I can't help but wonder what it would have been like if you had boys."

So true.....

No comments:

Post a Comment