Friday, November 9, 2012

Potty Training 101

After six months of putting it off the inevitable, I finally decided to pull the trigger and potty train Maysie.  How quickly I forgot how much my world would revolve around how many feet I was away from Maysie and/or the closest bathroom.

Day 1: Catastrophe.  I had a feeling it would be so I decided to make it a half day...starting right after Maysie's nap.  She woke up, I gave her the pep talk and a thick pair of panties, and she went in the potty.  I was excited to say the least.  We ventured out to the culdesac....had three accidents in a matter of 45 minutes (2 of them ACCIDENTS if you know what I mean).  Needless to say, I needed a pep talk from Ansley and she reminded me that this was normal, so I decided to stick with it for one more day.

Day 2:  Amazing!  Maysie only had one accident.  Could it be?

Day 3: I HATE POTTY TRAINING.  About six accidents today.  Two of them at a birthday party.

Day 4: Our nanny, Kaly, came over and got everything back on track.  Only one accident today (on my watch)  I'll take it.

Day 5: On my own again since it is election day.  Maysie won't let me out of her sight so I either have to take my potty training child to the polls or accept the fact that I won't be casting a ballot this year.  The bad news, no voting for me today.....the good news, only one accident...

Day 6: Kaly came again today...only one accident!

Day 7: Today was Maysie's first day at school without a diaper.  No accidents...yay!  By the end of the day I was hopeful that we would go the entire day without an accident.  At 7:00, only 30 minutes before bedtime, she had an accident.  Still happy though:)

For those of you who were able to potty train your kids in three days, wow.  But I am pretty darn impressed with my little Maysie and I am so excited that we are coming to the end of the diaper stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment