Friday, May 25, 2012

Highs and Lows

Highs and lows is a "game" that I learned about years ago from my friend Deana. In the spirit of getting the little ones to share about their day, everyone gets to go around the table and share their high point of the day and low point of the day. I have learned that I will typically know what Railey's "high" is going to be but it is a great way to get the discussion going about her "lows." Although I try to reserve this blog for more kid related topics, I thought that it was important to share my highs and lows of this week. First off, my high. This past October, when we were at the Charleston festival, our friend Stephanie told us that she was going to the doctor because they suspected she had Hodgkins Lymphoma. Two young boys (one of whom she home schools...), a husband who travels for a living...it hit close to home. Unfortunately, the doctors were right and she started treatment immediately. This week, I received news that she is cancer free. Needless to say, my high of the week. Then, the low. This past December, I found out that a friend from Florida State was diagnosed with Stage Four small cell neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas. Although I didn't keep up with Phil after college, he was (and is) one of the good guys. The one who is always smiling and kind....the person that bad things should never happen to. Unfortunately, I received word that Phil is in his last days and hospice has been called in. I have been praying for peace for his entire family but have been consumed by the fact that he is about to leave two young boys behind....just younger than my girls. Many many prayers for both families. XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment