Saturday, December 10, 2011

What a Week

The past week has been a blur.  Mix one sick 18 month old with a crazy mom who is trying to get everything pulled together for Christmas and you have disaster.  Little Maysie got a bug, or either food poisoning, and had the worst diaper rash I have ever seen on a child.  She was screaming at the top of her lungs when I would try to put ointment on her or put her in the bath and waking up 2-3 times a night.  Day three, I had enough.  So I called Aunt Coco (aka Internet Researcher Extraordinaire) and she had just been through this with Little D.  Lots of advice was given, the most important being that I needed to take Maysie's diaper off and let the rash dry up.  Done and done.  She woke up the next morning, I put her in the bath and took her downstairs, sans diaper, to drink on Pedialyte and wait for big sister to make her appearance.  Things were so calm, and Maysie was playing with the dogs.  Thats when I noticed it.  I took my eyes off of her for FIVE MINUTES and she had managed to go to the bathroom 4 times....marking her territory from one side of the kitchen to the other. 

So mama disinfected and the diaper is back on.  Now to find some more surefire ways to get rid of diaper rash.....

No comments:

Post a Comment