Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Not so Friendly Skies

It's official....I don't like flying with kids. There I said it. Two days after Christmas, I loaded up the girls to head back to Marietta. Paul had left the day before because ZBB was going out for a few shows and he had to be back the day after Christmas. Chad drove me to the airport and both girls were quiet and happy watching the Lion King on the way. We drove up to the airport, and Maysie puked....everywhere. All over herself, all over Caden's carseat and I am sure all over Chad's car. Awesome. I pulled her out of the car and quickly undressed her. Better to be naked in 45 degree weather than to sit in puke clothes right? Then changed her into the first thing I could find in the suitcase, which was one of her shirts and a pair of Railey's pants. She looked like a homeless child with no shoes and clothes that didn't match or fit. We finally went into the airport so we could catch the plane. Disclaimer...at this point, I felt confident it was motion sickness....Maysie had never been forward facing in a carseat and I think that, combined with watching a movie, did her in. Turns out I was right and it wasn't a bug....thank god. Most people (except Chad) would think that I was lucky that it happened before our flight in the car rather than on the plane. I would agree. The flight went fairly well. Maysie was restless but nothing out of the ordinary. We were thirty minutes away from Atlanta and the plane started getting a little turbulent. Railey turned to me and said, "Mommy, I don't feel good." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? I tried to distract her while holding Maysie in one hand and a puke bag in the other. Ten minutes passed...all good. Then she told me she had to throw up. I handed my homeless looking second child to the lady sitting across from me and turned to Railey just in time to catch ALL of her throw up in the bag. Disgusting. By the time I turned back to Maysie, she was sleeping in the arms of the sweet stranger and Railey was happy again telling me that she was thirsty. We packed up our things and headed off the plane to go home. And this is why i don't like flying with kids.....

No comments:

Post a Comment