Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Little Girl Who Cried Wolf...Most of the TIme


Bedtime and naptime rituals have become pretty routine around here. Part One: Potty, diaper, read two books to Railey, tuck Railey in, turn off the light and leave the room.

Part two consists of Railey calling our name so we come back in the room to some sort of excuse. Last night she told me that there were two messy gnome's running around her room and that I needed to ask them to leave but typically she just asks me to find one of her favorite toys that we forgot to tuck in with her.

Today Paul and I put her down for her nap (Paul read one book, I read the other) and shortly after I left her room, Railey started yelling for me. Yes, she was yelling , "Help!" but she does tend to overexaggerate sometimes to get her point across (must be a Chanon characteristic). I decided that I had enough and that Railey would have to find another toy or just get over whatever was bothering her at the time.

Three "HELPS" and about 5 minutes later, I broke down and finally walked back into her room. I guess that she showed me that sometimes she REALLY does need me immediately...

No comments:

Post a Comment