Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Little Miss Manners

From the time that Railey has been three months old, I have always bragged on what a great sleeper she is. Lately, despite her still being a great sleeper, she sometimes just isn't tired enough to take a nap.

Six months ago when this happened we had an unfortunate incident with her playing in her diaper (I will not go into details), and a couple of weeks ago she decided to finger paint her walls with desitin. At least her nap playtimes are becoming less destructive with time.

Yesterday, on hour into her naptime, I heard her call my name. When I went into the room she had pulled EVERYTHING out of her closet into her bedroom. Shoes, blankets, dirty clothes, sheets, etc. I put her into her bed and decided that I would see if she could fall asleep and just deal with it later.

One hour later, I went in to wake her up and asked her what she had done to her closet. She sat up in bed, looked at the mess, and said "thank you mommy." I said, "thank you for what?" She then said, "thank you for letting me play with my toys."

What can I say to that? They obviously weren't toys but she already knows how to get her way out of being in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment