Monday, February 1, 2010

Good Morning TIme!

I used to dread waking up in the morning. That is....before I had Railey. Believe me, I am nowhere close to being a morning person but I guess that I just got used to waking up and Railey is really fun to wake up to.

Of course, each and every morning is different, but this is how this morning went. As I was sleeping soundly at 7:00 a.m., I heard Railey scream at the top of her lungs MOMMY! Now Railey can REALLY scream so this would alarm most people....unfortunately, this is the way that she has to get my attention because I still have the child proof lock on her door (does that make me a bad person?)

Once I finally rolled out of bed and went into her bedroom she asked the same question she does every morning, it good morning time mommy? I said yes and then she proceeded to tell me she tee teed in her diaper (still wearing diapers when she is sleeping which is a necessity due to a mean mommy who still has the child proof lock:)) and then we came out of her room to start our day.

Today was rushed because we go to school on Monday AND we were bringing snack for her school. I asked the teacher if we could bring in donut holes so Railey and I left the house about 8:30 to go to Dunkin Donuts. Today I realized just how easy Railey has gotten to be out in public. She got out of the car, held my hand until we got inside, and waited patiently while I ordered 50 donut holes (the class finished ALL of them.) I decided to get her a sprinkle donut to eat on the way to school...no better time to pump her full of sugar right before she goes to see Miss Michelle and Miss Becky! To make an ordinary morning with my little girl even more perfect, she looked at the cashier at Dunkin Donuts and gave her most heartfelt "tank you!" when she handed her the bag with her donut.

God I love my spunky, polite little princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment