Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Baby on Board

How long should someone wait to tell everyone they are pregnant?? Besides close friends, Paul and I decided to keep the news quiet until 12 weeks. By the time that came, I just didn't have the energy to tell everyone. Email and Facebook seemed so impersonal and there is no way that I could even begin to call everyone that should know. So today, I finally decided to "tell the world" (akapost on Facebook) that I am pregnant. It only took 20 weeks, but when the cashier at Subway asked when I was due, I decided that it was time to let everyone know our good news.

It's a girl which I am so excited about. I really didn't think that I cared either way and OF COURSE my first choice is a healthy baby (I used to hate it when people said that but now I completely understand) . The more I think about how special it will be for Railey to have a sister the more excited I get for June 3rd to get here.

Railey doesn't quite understand what it means..nor will she until her mommy and daddy time is shared with another child. But, she does understand that:

  • She also has a baby in her tummy
  • Everything that mommy and Railey eat feeds the babies that are in their tummy
  • Her baby is named Ella (after her cousin)

No comments:

Post a Comment