Friday, October 30, 2015

Cooper Chanon

Early in October, Paul and I decided that it was time to get a second dog.  Annie seemed lonely and, let's face it, we wanted another dog.  I contacted Adopt a Golden Atlanta and by coincidence they were about to get a shipment of goldens that needed homes....the only catch is that they were coming from Istanbul Turkey!  It turns out that there is a HUGE problem there with stray golden retrievers so Adopt a Golden decided to do something about it and have them sent here.  There were a few dogs that we liked but one in particular stood out....his name was Cider and the only information I had on him was that he was two years old and was in a shelter about to be sent to the forest (aka released to fend for himself...so sad)



Unfortunately, someone who had an application in with adopt a golden already had their heart set on him....so I started looking at some of the other dogs and planned to go and meet them all at Goldenrama.  I was shocked when I met "Cider" and his foster mom Candace and she said that the original person who was interested was unable to come down and meet him so he was back on the market.  I fell in love and he was, of course, my first choice.  

Long story short, five other families put Cider as their #1 choice (and three families as #2) but Candace thought that we were the best fit!  We surprised the kids at the bus stop and the name game began. The possible names were Bear, Buddy, Scout, Tugg, Tucker, Trapper, and Smokey but we finally decided on Cooper!








When Candace asked for a family picture this is the best I could do.



Welcome to the crazy Chanon family Cooper!

No comments:

Post a Comment