Monday, March 4, 2013

Roll With the Punches

It has been a tough 2013....no doubt about it.  Between the catthe dog, Railey's round of antibiotics, Maysie's two round of antibiotics, my two rounds of antibiotics, Railey's asthma diagnosis and a traveling husband...I am beat.

But a weekend trip to Tallahassee for the funeral of the mother of one of my oldest friends definitely put things in perspective.  During the service, I couldn't help but look around at 8 friends, who gathered to support one of the most selfless friends we have, and think how lucky I am.  I have known most of them for 30 plus years, and at this point we interact more more like sisters than friends.  

One of the quotes in the eulogy was from Rick Warren.  He said "Life is a series of problems: Either you are in one now, you're just coming out of one, or you're getting ready to go into one."  Maybe this is the new philosophy I need to follow...stop focusing so much on avoiding the curve balls in life and just expect and deal with them.  Easier said than done for this Type A personality,  but if I can practice what I preach, I think I will be much better off in the long run.



After the service, we went out to dinner to celebrate Kenley's 7th birthday.  Railey and Kenley decided to take some self portraits.  Thank God the Robinson girls are coming to Marietta this weekend...otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get Railey away from them at the end of the night.....




Here's to warmer weather and a good dose of fun chaos instead of the craziness that January and February have brought.



No comments:

Post a Comment