Monday, August 27, 2012

Jack's Butterfly Bonanza

Jack's Butterfly Bonanza is an event that is coordinated by my dear friend April Gardner who lost her brother to brain cancer.  While I didn't know Jack personally, with the exception of a brief period of time that I visited him in the hospital, he touched so many lives and was, and continues to be, an inspiration to everyone who came in contact with him.

Every last detail was covered for the weekend, from the moment we checked in until Emerson Hart and Sister Hazel left the stage.





The weekend was surreal on so many differnet levels for me.  Surreal that a child can be taken away from his parents, family and friends entirely too soon and the composure of the Gardner family each time I am around them.



Surreal at how much these precious kids that I haven't seen in a while have grown up.

Trane - 3 months old
Trane - Six years old
Quinn

Carter and Daddy
Hayden

Surreal that so much time had passed since I had seen some of my friends who are nearest and dearest to me.  But some things never change, and we all fell right into the same conversations and same fun we had the last time we were all together.  








Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment