Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Little Things

Most of the past two weeks have been spent trying to prepare Railey for the day that she becomes a big sister. For the most part, she is excited and tells me how much she loves Sara Mays. We have only had one little outburst when she told me that she wanted to sit on her sister...I am choosing to concentrate on the positive though and have accepted the fact that there is, no doubt, going to be a transition for the next little while.

This weekend was especially busy since I go to the doctor on Monday. My delivery date is set for one week from Tuesday (only 8 days away) but on my last visit Dr. Moore suggested that I don't eat in the morning in case they have to take me in immediately for the low amniotic fluid they have been monitoring.

Tonight, Railey, Tutu and I went to run one last errand (Michael's fabric for the ribbon on the bassinet) and then out to dinner. On the way home, I noticed some major construction that had started on a side street close to our house. I slowed down the car, turned around, and we all went to see the "excavators" as Railey calls them (one of her books calls them excavators instead of bulldozers....it stuck). Tutu even took her out of the car to touch all three of the bulldozers.

Railey couldn't have been happier...this is an understatement. Made me realize that it is the spur of the moment, unexpected surprises that mean the most to my little girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment