Monday, August 26, 2013

Make Room for Baby



At only four months pregnant, I think that the "nesting" phase has kicked in a little early....but if it means getting things done while my stomach is still at a somewhat normal size, then I will take it!

First order of business, new bedrooms for the girls.  Lucky for me, Tutu and Poppy agreed to come in town and help with this project.  Railey moved into the guest bedroom and Maysie moved into Railey's old bedroom.  Seems like it would be an easy switch, but Mom, Dad and I worked non-stop for three days to pull this one off.

I still need to get more "poofs" to fill the lamps, but you get the idea




Curtains compliments of Tutu!
Railey's favorite part of the room has to be the reading corner.  I searched high and low for the perfect reading chair, so when I found this hot pink one with sparkles at Learning Express, I knew I had succeeded.  Railey was so cute, she said, "Mama, you won't believe it but this reading chair makes me read even better!"





We weren't sure how Maysie was going to react to the big move but in true Maysie fashion, she welcomed it with open arms.  The only pushback I got was when I tried to put pillows around her so she wouldn't fall out of her big girl bed.




Now, onto the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment