Monday, July 16, 2012

Rites of Passage

As much as I would love to freeze time right now, the inevitable is happening.  The girls are getting older and new things are happening on a daily basis.  Maysie now wants to drink solely from a big girl cup, no longer sleeps in her crib, and faces forward in her carseat.




Railey will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall, is learning how to read, and just had her first sleepover.
It was only fitting that her first time spending the night out was with Buie and Mason.  I allowed her to pack her own suitcase, she forgot to pack clothes but I added an outfit in after the fact.



I had to capture the moment, and Railey was all smiles.



Maysie now closes her eyes when I ask her to smile.  So unless I take candids, this is what I get.


Chris has figured out the way to Maysie's heart.  Through food or Apple products.  


When it was time for me to leave, Railey got a little sad.  I truly thought I would be driving over to pick her up within the hour.  Instead, I got a text and picture from Mandy with their new giraffe loveys that she made for them.  


Railey even talked her into embroidering her pillow pet and a couple of other loveys too!  

They stayed up until midnight, then all woke up at 4:00 a.m. and didn't go back to bed.  First sleepover = huge hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment