Monday, November 8, 2010

Tiny the Hamster

Nothing like good old Facebook to keep me updated on what is going on at Railey's school. Today, Miss Becky posted "RIP Tiny the Hamster" as her status update. I immediately responded by asking if Railey had anything to do with it. I have found lately that Railey loves all small animals, and sometimes she loves them a little too much. Here was Miss Becky's response:

No she fed him this morning and he didn't come out, so Mrs. Harp checked and he was lethargic but still breathing so we left him alone. Then she checked again while they were in music and he was no longer with us! We kept joking that he was... on crack the last few weeks because he was literally climbing the walls of his cage. Guess he was just suffering from the mental toll of old age.

I briefly mentioned in carpool that Tiny was asleep forever and we would be getting a new hamster. Sadie looked rather sad until Railey said, "Oh good, we can call it Railey." I could barely contain my amusement!

He was a good hamster though. :(

So RIP sweet Tiny, Railey loved you so much. And for the new hamster...I apologize in advance for all of the love and attention that Railey will be giving you....

No comments:

Post a Comment